SALES OPERATIONS ANALYST (JOB ID: 2797)
Qualifications and Detail about the Position
The sales operations analyst performs various functions, primarily to improve sales operation processes and efficiency of the sales department.
They undertake quantitative analysis of the firm’s sales practices, inventory, operational reports, etc. with the objective of achieving sales tactical or long-term goals.
The major tasks, duties, and responsibilities that majorly define the sales operations analyst job description are listed below:
- Report and provide insight to support the decision-making and strategic planning of the sales and marketing management team
- Report and analyze revenues and revenue-related metrics to assist management in making sound decisions
- Serve as key contact person for supervisors and senior management regarding sales and retention performance
- Analyze data and provide important visualization and dashboards that clearly communicates complex data in a simple form to non-technical audience
- Conduct sales training and mentor new and existing product support analysts on all sales-related procedures, and also consult with external experts when appropriate
- Create a simple and easy-to-follow sales process
- Collaborate with the IT unit to manage and ensure an effective CRM system that adds value
- Responsible for accurate processing of commissions
- Oversee reporting and administration
- Serve as subject matter expert and proffer professional advice on territory sizing and alignment
- Work together with sales team and leadership to implement sales plans
- Provide marketing operations support such as email distributions, collateral, and promotional inventory management
- Supervise client quarterly deliverables content
- Responsible for completing cyclical and quarterly due diligence reports
- Education: Applicants for the sales operation’s analyst role are usually required to have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Computer Science, or in a related field. An MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- Knowledge: It is important that they have experience with sales strategy execution, data analysis, and sales analytics; KPI’s reporting and operations management. In addition to education, they are required to have a minimum of 5+ years of professional work experience. It is also vital that they have experience gathering business requirements and developing scorecards and dashboards to surface meaningful KPIs and actionable intelligence to senior leaders
- They must also possess in-depth working and administrative experience with Salesforce or other CRM system. They also require an understanding of SQL to retrieve queries
- Computer skills: To perform the duties of a sales operation’s analyst effectively, applicants must have advanced Excel knowledge working with large datasets (utilize complex formulas and can manipulate and transform data). They must also have experience using Tableau, AWS QuickSight, or similar visualization software
- Communication skills: it is vital that they can communicate effectively both in group settings and on one-one basis. They must be able to convey results to senior business leaders; present complex results in a clear, concise, and enticing manner that stimulate action; and have excellent writing skills for writing reports
- Organizational skills: Sales operations analysts are expected to handle multiple tasks and deal with several stakeholders; therefore, it is important that applicants are highly organized and detail oriented, possessing multi-tasking skills and efficiency in managing uncertain situations
- Statistical skills: The sales operations analyst job also involves applying data analysis to solve real life business problems; therefore, it is important that applicants for the role have experience with statistical tools like R or SAS, as well as solid knowledge of programming languages such as Python
- Problem solving skills: Applicants must be creative individuals with ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions, as well as demonstrate skill and passion for problem solving and operational excellence
- Self-starter: They must be motivated self-starter who can focus on achieving a set goal with limited supervision.
Scaffold Yard – Asset
Location of Job:US:TX:Houston
Work Type: Full Time