The Sales Representative is responsible for sourcing new sales opportunities and closing sales to achieve quotas. This position plays a crucial role in increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads, qualifying prospects, and managing sales of products and services.
- Forecast sales, develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models, and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Research accounts and generates or follow through sales leads
- Educate customers on how USI services can benefit them
- Present, promote, and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Stay on top of industry trends to identify potential opportunities for company growth
- Maintain and expand client database within your assigned territory
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Working conditions include outdoor and indoor fields, yards, and shop locations.
- Working indoors in an office environment
- Utilization of Personal Protective Equipment is necessary.
- Frequent travel as required
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Highly motivated and the target is driven with a proven track record in sales
- Prioritizing, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- 4+ years outside sales experience
- Proven sales experience
- Experience working with SalesForce or similar system